Rules & Regulation
Please read carefully regarding our rules and regulation before continue to submission form.
You can also read the Rules & Regulation here
- The 17th Jogja-NETPAC Asian Film Festival (JAFF 2020) is presented by Yayasan Sinema Yogyakarta.
2. The Festival conducts a non-competitive, retrospectives and tributes sections for Asian films (production country, languages and/or nationality of the director). The selection committee decides which section a film can participate in.
3. Submission opens until July 31th, 2022 and there is no submission fee. Participating films must not be made before January 2020, exception for invitation films only.
4. We accept feature (more than 45 minutes) and short (45 minutes or less) in narrative, documentary, experimental or animated form, with digital and DCP formats. We do NOT screen films on DVD or Blu-ray.
5. Fill in the application form online through our website; be sure to submit the Entry Form, Preview Copy (we strongly encourage film submissions to provide an Online Secure Screener) of the film and the following materials for catalogue, website and the promotion of the film;
ii. Cast and Crew credits
iii. Technical Information (screening format, running time, sound, screen ratio, speed, language, subtitle)
iv. Dialog List in English (if available)
v. Biography and filmography of the director. (half page)
vi. Photograph of the Director – high quality
vii. 1 – 3 high quality still photographs from the film
viii. Festivals/Awards/Exhibitions – complete updated list
ix. Production Company/Sales Company/ Contact
x. Director’s Statement and/or Curator’s comments (if available)
xi. Press Kit / reviews (if available)
xii. Film’s website and link to the film’s trailer.
6. Films must include English subtitles (except for those with no dialogue).
7. The Festival is only responsible for outbound shipping (from JAFF) charges of the prints (DCP or other physical delivery). All physical materials and copies must be sent by prepaid shipping. JAFF will not accept collect shipments unless prior arrangements are made with JAFF.
8. Entry of the films for the Festival implies acceptance of these regulations. The festival management reserves the right to regulate cases not circumscribed by these regulations.
9. In case your film is selected;
a. You will be contacted before the official press conference which will be take place in September.
b. Please kindly provide us the screening copy with English subtitles in the following formats:
For Feature film:
Quicktime format in minimum HD quality and DCP format, with the following technical specifications:
i. Quicktime format: Codec H264; Resolution: HD 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720; Data rate -for HD: 14000 kbps (for 1920 x 1080) or 12000 kbps (for 1280 x 720) to be uploaded via Vimeo.com/ WeTransfer.com/ Dropbox.com/ Google Drive or any other online platforms.
ii. DCP format: Digital or physical; Unencrypted; with burnt-in English subtitles.
*both formats are required for feature film.
For short film:
i. Quicktime format in minimum HD quality, with the following technical specifications:
Codec: H264; Resolution: HD 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720; Data rate -for HD: 14000
kbps (for 1920 x 1080) or 12000 kbps (for 1280 x 720) to be uploaded via Vimeo.com/ WeTransfer.com/ Dropbox.com/ Google Drive or any other online platforms.
i. The festival accept digital or physical files for both feature and short film. All of the information regarding the delivery of the film, will be informed following the announcement.
ii. For the physical prints of the film, as mentioned above, the Festival is only responsible for outbound shipping (from JAFF) charges of the prints (DCP or other physical delivery). All Theatrical Screening Copies must be sent by prepaid shipping. JAFF will not accept collect shipments unless prior arrangements are made with JAFF.
Physical materials must preferably arrive in Yogyakarta, Indonesia for local clearance not later than October 10th, 2022. Films will be returned within three weeks after the Festival to the destination as notified in the entry form.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Contact us through our social media network if you have some questions to ask.